Food delivery apps are becoming tremendously popular because of the convenience, flexibility, and affordability they offer to restaurants and food enthusiasts to connect seamlessly. The industry is rapidly evolving, with numerous new players entering the market and existing players expanding their offerings.
Titan bites have become a household name, synonymous with the convenience of enjoying your favourite restaurant’s fare from the comfort of your home. It has transcended the traditional dining experience by connecting users with many local restaurants. The platform acts as a digital intermediary, offering users diverse culinary options. This overview unravels the key elements that make Uber Eats a powerhouse in the on-demand food delivery sector.
The Features to create a food delivery app in 2024?
Features for Customer Panel
The user has to register after downloading the food delivery app. Typically, the following sections need to be there in the app:
- Login: Allow Users to log in to the app using a simple and quick interface. You can provide an option to log in using your Email ID, phone number or any social media account.
- Location: Allow users to add their location manually or automatically using the in-app GPS feature for setting the pickup or delivery point from the map
- Homepage: To create a food delivery app, ensure an attractive homepage with a search box so users can quickly sort their search.
- Menu: Define each restaurant’s menu under a defined category to make it easier to access. You can hire a dedicated developer in India for specific app customisations.
- Cart selection: Let users quickly add the food item to their cart without leaving the current page.
- Payment options: Make sure you integrate multiple payment options and provide the flexibility to pay using various payment methods. It may include credit card, PayPal, debit card, and Google Pay.
- Reviews And Ratings: Based upon the app experience, allow users to share feedback and provide ratings to the driver and restaurant.
- Track Order History: This allows users to track their history and helps them reorder the food items without researching them.
- Discounts and offers: Keep your users engaged with your app by using push notifications and letting them know about the promo codes and discount offers.
- Support 24*7: Allow users to raise their queries on the app for assistance. Also, you can hire an Indian mobile app developer to create an AI-driven chatbot for instant assistance.
- Tracking the delivery: To create your app successfully, ensure you have a feature to track the time and location of the food delivery.
Ensure you integrate as many features in user interface as possible to deliver a seamless onboarding experience.
Features for Restaurants
Features we would want our app to have in the restaurant panel section:
- Upload Menu: Allow restaurants to upload detailed menus with current prices and items on sale.
- Track Order History: To create a food delivery app like UberEats, ensure you have a feature for the order history of all past orders.
- Advanced Search Option: Add filters and search options so users don’t have to scroll through every dish if there’s not enough time before closing.
- Ratings and Reviews: Allow restaurants to view all the reviews from people who eat at this restaurant regularly, such as Yelp reviews.
- GPS Maps: Integrate maps to help you find your way to the nearest location of the order.
- Seamless order System: An online ordering system should be easy to access, which allows users to put in their order by tapping or swiping the screen.
- Accept Multi-Payment: The app has a feature to accept payment through multiple payment modules such as Apple Pay or PayPal via Apple Wallet.
- Tax Calculation: Add a feature to automatically calculate the tax and add it to the billing amount when paying.
- Order Tracking: To ensure seamless food delivery services, let restaurants keep tracking orders on a map until they’re delivered.
- Set Order Reminders: You should be able to set reminders for when you need food again or have an upcoming order.
- Referral points: Customers get points for every dollar spent on their account, redeemable for freebies and deals at local stores.
Bring Your App Concept To Life With Our Skilled Team
Features For Delivery Boy Panel
To be able to deliver for one restaurant to pick up from another restaurant, the delivery person must first download the app, complete registration and verification with the restaurant and service provider, and upload it to his panel:
- Login: Allow them to log in to the app with the credentials provided by the admin panel. The credentials should be issued once they are done with a background check.
- Order request: Depending upon their availability, provide them the flexibility to accept or reject the order request.
- Order delivery: Once confirmed, share the delivery address details with them to ensure seamless food delivery services.
- Order history: Make sure to add a feature in the app to keep track of the orders delivered to date.
- Chat/Call: Ensure seamless communication by offering in-app chat or calling options.
- Push Notifications: Have a feature in the app that keeps them informed about the order request, delivery details, order completed, payment received and more.
- Google map navigation: With the help of this feature, they can quickly locate the pickup and delivery location. Also, they can pick the shortest way to ensure the fastest delivery.
- Cost Savings: The most apparent benefit for consumers is cost savings. Free delivery means customers don’t have to pay additional fees, making the purchase more affordable.
- Convenience: Free delivery apps enhance the convenience of shopping by eliminating the need for customers to travel to physical stores. They can order from the comfort of their homes and have items delivered to their doorstep.
- Time-Saving: Customers save time that would otherwise be spent commuting to a store, parking, and navigating through aisles. Free delivery apps streamline shopping, allowing users to find and order items quickly.
- Wider Variety: Online delivery platforms often provide access to a broader range of products than physical stores. This allows customers to explore various options and discover new products or brands.
- Ease of Comparison: Customers can easily compare prices, read reviews, and make informed decisions before purchasing, thanks to the information on delivery apps.
- Special Deals and Discounts: Many free delivery apps offer exclusive deals, discounts, and promotions, providing additional customer savings.
How To Create a Food Delivery App Like TITAN BITES in 2024?
Step 1: Researching and Analyse the Market
What does a successful food delivery app look like? What features do people want? What exactly are you planning to offer in the app? Here are the few questions that you need to find answers:
- Who are your competitors, and what are their strategies?
- Tips for figuring out how to reach potential customers?
- What are the spending and spending habits of your target demographic?
- Understand what technology trends your competitors are using to further their app clone.
- How can I make the ordering process simple and hassle-free?
- Would it be possible to add chatbots to chat orders as messages?
- Hire a software development company to integrate food delivery apps with smartwatches and other wearables.
Transforming your ideas into captivating digital experiences, one app at a time.
Step 2: Understand Your Business Requirements
When meeting your users’ needs, ensure you understand your business goals. There are two types of food delivery app models.
- The Food Order model
- Service Model: Food Order and Delivery
Still, if you choose to go with the clone of TITAN BITES or Postmates, then the Order and Delivery model is a worthwhile option. It will allow restaurants to work together with a delivery company and be able to target a large user segment.
Step 3: Identifying Which Features Should Be Included
While similarities exist among all food ordering apps, some entrepreneurs may desire a customised food delivery app with distinctive features tailored to their business model. In our upcoming guide, we’ll delve into the essential components of a successful food delivery app.
However, before embarking on the development journey, it’s crucial to firmly grasp the features you intend to incorporate. The rationale is simple: these features will steer the entire app development cycle. It’s easy to get carried away with enticing yet irrelevant features during the app creation phase.
Step 4: Naming the App:
This is an important decision if you don’t already have one picked out. Make sure it’s something simple and easy to remember. You can hire a software developer in India to help you choose the best name for your app.
You don’t want to get stuck with having to change your name down the line because someone else has taken it on as their business name.
Step 5: Find Developers:
To create an on-demand food delivery app, you need to look at an app development company that provides a complete team under one roof. Ensure you hire app developers in India with at least 5+ years of experience.
Step 6: Creating user profiles:
Set up customer profiles so they can order quickly without providing personal information. Be sure also to set up profiles for drivers so they know who’s expecting them when they arrive at their destination. The last thing you want is for someone who ordered a meal to open the door only to find no driver waiting there.
Bring Your App Concept To Life With Our Skilled Team
Tech-Stack To Create a Food Delivery App
To create a successful on-demand food delivery app like UberEats or Doordash, you need a smooth backend, an engaging frontend, data management on the server, and so on. With the right technology, the app will provide consumers with a seamless ordering experience.
So here are a few technologies that can help you create a food delivery application for your business:
- Programming Language for Android and iOS: React Native, Flutter, Kotlin, Java
- Development of the backend: Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB, Nginx, Sockets
- Frontend development: ReactJs and Material UI
- Third-party APIs: Twilio SMS, Google Maps
- Registration: Google Sign-In, Facebook Login SDK
- Payment Integration: Stripe, Square, PayPal, Google Wallet and WePay
- Restaurant Listing: Foursquare API, Grubhub API, Yelp Fusion API
- Analytics: Google Analytics, Localytics, Apple Analytics
Maps and Locations: Google Maps, OpenStreetMap, Mapbox, Mapkit JS
How Much Does It Cost To Create a Food Delivery App?
Building a food delivery app can cost anywhere from $5,000 to $30,000 (on average). The main areas that companies looking for a food delivery app should focus on are payment integration (such as accepting credit cards or partnering with an established payments company), customer acquisition channels, customer experience and logistics.
Explore our other insights!
Hopefully, this blog has given you many of the best food delivery app ideas in 2024. No matter which app you develop for the food delivery business, each idea has its potential. All you need to do is look for experts to help you transform your idea into a scalable, secure, and robust product.
SDLCCORP is one of the leading platforms to hire app developers in India with a minimum of 5+ years of experience. Leveraging the industry’s best practices and technologies, they are experts in customizing unmatched quality solutions.
Titan Bites is a free food app that connects users with local restaurants and food establishments offering free or discounted food items. It’s designed to help users discover great deals on meals in their area.
Titan Bites uses location-based services to show you nearby restaurants that are currently offering free or discounted food items. Simply open the app, browse the available deals, and redeem them at the participating establishments.
You’ll need two main ingredients to create the perfect food delivery app: A great mobile app development company and all the necessary funding. The first of these, the team of developers who will design and create your app, is critical; without them, it won’t get past the drawing board.
They will also be responsible for maintenance and updates as new functionality or security threats arise. As for creating a food delivery app, you can expect this process to cost anywhere from $10,000 – $12,000 with basic features.
It takes an average of 2-6 months, with most coding and design projects taking three months. Newer projects have been taking less time because they start with a base code, but that doesn’t mean they’re more accessible or less costly.
Titan Bites welcomes user feedback. You can use the in-app feedback feature or contact our support team through the app for assistance.